20 powerful quotes about bad days: Change the narrative of Life
20 powerful quotes about bad days: Change the narrative of Life
We live in the good days, and we grow in the bad ones.
The problem is not majorly the bad days, but expecting all days to be good makes bad days even worse.
Life is like a garden where you are planted. And this garden becomes beautiful only when you grow in it. You grow when you allow the rain, the autumn, the sunbeam, the summers, the winters, the monsoons, all of them.
Bad days are just like one of these seasons that might look uncomfortable, but the undercurrent is they are promoting your growth.
You might always want the sun beam over you but that’s not how you grow.
The garden of life is always at work so that you grow into a beautiful flower. But the growth isn’t easy.
It comes with discomfort, and you will want to escape it. But if you do, you will only hinder or impede your growth progress.
You cannot change the pattern of changing seasons, but you can change the way how you look at it to feel a little better.
So, in today’s post, I’d like to share 20 powerful quotes about bad days that will help you change the narrative of life.
I hope you’ll find something that can help you to turn today or your next bad day into something better.
20 Powerful Quotes About Bad Days: change the narrative of life.
1. The cloud is not the disturbance. The fact that you have stopped looking at the rest of the sky is what is disturbing you. ~Sarita Mian
It’s not all black. The black part is bothering you. It’ll never be all white. The white part is enough.
2. Some people would love to have your bad days.
No matter how bad your days are, some people would still be ready to exchange their life with yours. You have a lot of good stuff on the other side of bad and there are people who long for it. Your so-called bad days are still a dream life for many around.
3. “Keep your face towards the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you.” ~Walt Whitman
Don’t let the bad day take charge. Divert your attention from the bad day and bring your focus on how good your life is. Once you start looking at the good part, the bad part falls behind.
4.“You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” ~ Marcus Aurelius
You cannot instantly change the circumstances, but you have all the power to change your approach towards them.
The idea is not to make a bad day into a good day but to not let the bad day make you feel bad. You cannot control your situation, but you have all the control to not let the situation agitate you.
Your boss bashing you is a situation that you cannot control but you not letting the bash ruin your peace is all under your control.
Don’t practice escape, practice how to shield yourself or if needed fight for yourself.
5. “What? You’re having a bad day? Think of those who didn’t wake up this morning and can no longer live this day.” ~ Patty Medina
It was still better. Getting a chance to experience something even if it was bad is myriad times better than not having a chance at all.
You can do something with bad too, but you can do nothing without life.
6. “You will have bad times, but they will always wake you up to the stuff you weren’t paying attention to.” ~ Robin Williams
Bad days make you pause, think, and introspect which on the good days doesn’t.
You don’t know what you lack until something blocks you.
Just because you can sail the boat in a calm ocean does not declare you a fine sailor. It’s when the waves come up, storms hit you, you get to know how good or bad your sailing is. You cannot train yourself if you assume yourself as perfect.
7. “A good day is a good day. A bad day is a good story.” ~Glennon Melton
The good day flies away and the bad day rests inside.
You ruminate about the things that went bad and while you do so, you create a thread of thoughts that you would never have the chance to meet.
And with these thoughts, you create a good story.
8. “If you want a place in the sun, you have to expect a few blisters.” ~Loretta Young
Liking the best place and deserving it are two different things.
You can have anything that you want in your head, but you can only have something in life by working for it.
So, if you want the light, be ready for the burns.
9. “The greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.” ~ Martha Washington
Happiness is not when life is perfect but when you can move through day-to-day occasional challenges with enough fluidity and the reason you are not held back by yourself. (From the Book: The Mountain is You)
10. There is no education like adversity.~Benjamin Disraeli
In experiencing hardship and challenge, we begin to realize what matters to us. It sparks a flame that when kindled through action and commitment becomes a transformative fire.
11. “Keep calm when things don’t go according to your expectations! Beautiful things always meet friction!” ~Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
Friction is not bad; it saves you from slipping off.
There is nothing bad that happens to you, there is only worse that you are saved from.
12. “How was your day?’ ought to be ‘How did you look at your day?” ~Mokokoma Mokhonoana
The important part is not how life was but how you lived it. You are not a player if you choose the cards but if you play well with the ones you receive.
13. The way I see it, if you want the Rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. ~ Dolly Parton
Gift is not for free. You don’t give a direct price to it, but you have to earn it.
Sometimes you just have to make peace with the bad because the good that you deserve is a gift in return for the bad.
13. Seneca would say that he pitied people who have never experienced challenges. ‘You have passed through life without an opponent,’ he said, ‘No one can ever know what you are capable of, not even you.’ Epictetus said when a challenge is put in front of you, think of yourself as an athlete getting paired with a tough competitor. Do you want to be Olympic-class? ‘This is going to take some sweat to accomplish,’ he said.
14. What if you were very blessed because you got to experience something hard? That you now have a depth and understanding, an awareness, an overcoming and strength that not all human beings get the opportunity to receive.
You would have never tried to think beyond a certain point if there was nothing that could push you.
Bad times create discomfort which in turn gives you a reason to think on a deeper level, look at things from a different lens, and change the vision and focus to reach a safe comfortable space.
And while you struggle to regain your good days, you grow, you learn, and you become wise.
15. Your path is difficult because your calling is higher. Make it happen. Shock everyone.
It does not get difficult for no reason. When you have the potential to do something bigger than what you have been doing, discomfort is the stimulus that pushes you to change the course of your life.
The force that can unleash your core potential never comes into play until you feel the pressure. It whistles fast when the pressure on the cooker is high.
16. Amid Winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. ~ Albert Camus
No matter what happens around you, in your life, you have the authority to take charge of the inner realm and keep it undisturbed.
17. Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.~ Theodore Roosevelt
Going on does not claim you to be strong, it assures that you will be one.
18.Anyone can have a good day. The question is, what do you do on a bad day? That’s when you’re being tested. In a very tangible sense, a bad day shows your innermost essence more than a good day. – Arthur Golden
19. On a bad day, I’ll still have a conscious thing in my mind reminding me that what I think of as a bad day is still a very good day in probably 90% of the world’s population’s eyes.~ Daniel Ricciardo
20. Problems are not stop signs; they are guidelines. ~ Robert H. Schuller
The red light does not stop you from going ahead but saves you from going at the wrong time. Problems are the red lights. They might create panic when you want to rush and reach fast, but the truth is they save you from the menace.
So, if you are going through hard time, a bad day or a bad life, I hope these 20 Powerful quotes about bad will help you change the narrative of your Life.
If you love reading my Blog, I’d like to invite you to join my weekly newsletter where I share lessons from Bhagavad Gita, inspiring thoughts and an idea worth reading.
Latest Blog Posts
Hi! This is Sarita Mian.
Welcome to The Locks and Keys
“Little will be valued and Huge shall be contained”